My blog has moved! and I love it!! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please visit http:/www.findthebeautiful.com and update your bookmarks.

Home - Originals For Sale - Artful Gifts - The Artist - Contact/Subscribe

Sunday

Turning Grey into lemonade

Being a plein air artist I am sensitive too and very affected by the weather.

It has been this unbreaking, uninspiring grey ceiling for days, weeks now.

Give me freezing conditions and blue sky, or some luminosity behind the grey and I am ok.
Ok to paint, ok in many ways.

I have some of the kindest friends who have sent me very thoughtful emails. Truly one was even filled with sunshine.

I did some research online and found out more about the Seasonal Affective Disorder or S.A.D.
It affects more people than you can imagine, nearly an estimated half million people during the winter months in the northern and southern hemispheres while extremely rare near the equator.

For a list of symptoms you can click here, and for treatments you can click here.

While I may be affected by this, I don't need artificial light therapy although a trip to Aruba would be nice. I don't need antidepressants or counseling.

It's easy.

All I need is Sun.
All I need is Sun.
All I need is Sun, Sun.
Sun is all I need.

There are a few rays now, finally....be back after sunset.