What is this site? What is a Blog? Online Journal?
If you are looking for more information either about this site or about blogs and blogging as well as blogging resources for artists then this post is for you !
First of all, a blog simply put is an online journal. Just like a person would write with pen on paper, millions of people have put their thoughts, opinions and more into an online blog for others to read and comment on.
If you can think of it, there is a blog for it. Everything from a day in the life of a pet to personal political opinions and everything in between.
Q? How is a blog different from a website?
A. One difference between websites and blogs are the update frequency. A blog can be updated more than once in a day, daily, semi-weekly, weekly, monthly etc. While some websites may only be updated monthly give or take.
This blog updates weekly and sometimes more.
Q? How do I navigate a/this blog?
A. Like a journal a blog is arranged by post dates that can be archived weekly or monthly. So if you stumble upon a blog there will be a list in the side bar of previous links depending on where you land. I have made mine easier to look through and find the most recent posts by placing a link to the homepage directly in the side bar where you see what is happening most recently. And you can browse through previous posts of art and news.
Q? Why blog?
A. This online journal is a free open way for me to post new paintings, career happenings and a format to have a more personal relationship with viewers. A companion to my website RebeccaGrantham.com and Pleinaircafe.com. I enjoy meeting new people and have made some great friends through this blog and looking through others.
Q? How do I stay in touch with a blog I like?
A. Many blogs offer an email subscription service like I do, where new posts are emailed directly to you. As well as rss or other subscription services.
I hope this little post helps those who visit my site here understand what a blog is and how to
I'm not going to reinvent the wheel when it comes to links and all the information available if you want to blog, so here is a short list of information.
For Artists: I began a blogging resource thread at wetcanvas, that has become a sticky.
If you would like to read through the entire thread that lists a lot of valuable information from and by other artists Q&A's please click here.
You would need to register to comment or post any questions.
Art blog directories:
Artblogs4U
Art Bloggin Directory
~Rebecca
Rebecca Grantham.Com,
Modern Art Gifts Plein Air Cafe








<< Home