My blog has moved! and I love it!! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please visit http:/www.findthebeautiful.com and update your bookmarks.

Home - Originals For Sale - Artful Gifts - The Artist - Contact/Subscribe

Monday

Rose of Sharon No. 7



Here is Rose of Sharon No. 7,
Original oil painting
18 x 24 canvas panel.
click for larger image

and here are a couple details pictures.



While certainly not abstract as I had thought I had hoped for, it is a step towards the shapes I enjoy. I learned a painting can take a life and course of it's own, and you have to do what's best for the piece.

The shapes of the colors up close are abstract to me and will be a gentle inspiration for the next painting.

I had so much fun painting this piece. Every color was mouth watering to paint, it has been a while where I felt my eyes consuming the colors I was painting, like a visual dessert.

Here is a close up of one bloom on the Rose of Sharon - Lucy.
They are a gorgeous color with their ruffled layers.


This is a general inspiration for the completed painting above.
The day I began it, it was not overcast like here, but that is part of plein air, ~remembering your inspiration until the piece is completed.
Enjoy
~All the best
Rebecca

For More information about this painting and to purchase please visit my wesbite.

This painting is now available on a wide selection of artful gift items click here to see them through www.pleinaircafe.com .

Labels: , ,