Rose of Sharon -Series
Although the deer ate all the blooms off my Red & Pink Peace Rose, they have left this large flowering Rose of Sharon alone, untouched begging to be painted over and over until all the blooms fade.
The flowers are very unique and special with their ruffled edges. And I love how the entire bloom cycle is present.
There are buds, opening blooms, full blooms and fading blossoms everywhere. With each different stage there are different colors. From deep red, to hot pink and cool lavender.
SoldI am going to keep painting and exploring this series until I feel it's temporarily exhausted.
My goal is to work more quickly, completely and at the same time exploring some ideas I have.
SoldThere is an itch deep inside me that I am trying to get out visually.
It feels like a balanced combination of realism- I love and admire a great representational piece, impressionism- ~nough said I love Monet and his glittering luscious colors and abstract/ print making-I love flat shapes of color and the shapes that are created when colors meet.
You'll see what I mean when I post the large 18" x 24"
canvas panel I'm working on.
Until next time,
~Rebecca
the thumbnails are clickable ~
Rebecca Grantham.Com,
Modern Art Gifts from Plein Air Cafe
Labels: Rose of Sharon Paintings, summer plein air paintings








<< Home