My blog has moved! and I love it!! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please visit http:/www.findthebeautiful.com and update your bookmarks.

Home - Originals For Sale - Artful Gifts - The Artist - Contact/Subscribe

Friday

Rose No. 9 & Mrs. Paint Brush - Miss Palette Knife

Fresh Off the easel!




Detail picture

Rose No.9 original plein air painting on 12" x 12" Gallery Wrap canvas,

Please visit my wesbite to purchase.

This painting is now available on a wide selection of artful gift items click here to see them.

I have two more of this size of which I thought I would be creating a triptych but creativity can't always be planned, I mean the sunset was too amazing to pass by.

Follow up news - I have had this thought and a few others that won't leave my mind so I'm posting them here.

The first is a split artist personality I am trying to marry.

There is Mrs. Paint brush who loves the gobs of paint and mushing her brush onto her palette and into the paint. Swirling, mixing and laying it down. Enjoying the paint for paints sake and then there is Miss palette Knife who aggressively carves out geometric shapes inspired by her natural environment. Who likes instant blocks of color but is peeking over her shoulder at Mrs. Paint brushes techniques of mixing.

separate from themselves two distinct styles emerge that are detracting from my voice.

The question is what happens when harmony is reached from using the strengths of each together in one painting?

From now on I'll be using both, the above painting is the first example.

Be sure to subscribe to see the new works as they're created.

~Rebecca


Rebecca Grantham.Com,

Modern Art Gifts Plein Air Cafe

Labels: , ,