On site Invitation
I have been invited by a craft fair promoter to come and paint 3 fairs plein air on site.
2 are three day events and one is only a single day.
The fairs are in June, July and August.
The owner wants to use the final paintings in their marketing and promotion materials as well as promoting my demonstration so to speak at the events this year.
The final works will be sold at a Gallery in Cleveland, Oh in early September.
I look forward and am already imagining how I will interpret a busy fairway with the moving people and sunshine reflecting off the tents.
I plan on chasing the patterns, moods and repetitious colors in an impressionistic manner.
I'm thinking of doing these atleast 18" x 24" as well as some smaller case studies/sketches.
It will be a good time to meet people and talk about my work, I'v never been an attraction before, a vendor yes, but entertainment no.
I am going to look around for some fairs to attend before these to get a feel for painting this kind of environment on site. Chasing the clouds and sun are one thing, people busily shuffling is another.
plein air - landscape painting - art
Labels: events








<< Home