Never Paint into the Wind

Yesterday was an extremely windy day, cold too but tolerable.
I had just started this painting when the canvas flopped forward straight into a pile of cadmium yellow right in the upper sky. I had to work on the fly, so I quickly grabbed a hand grip and a small metal loop leftover from a broken wind chime near by. I gently hooked the top and anchored the loop to the back of my easel. It was early enough on to easily fix. It worked out and now I have a handy little widget to secure my canvas.
Here is April 47

It is 14" x 11" oil on canvas.
Later that night when I was coming home from my youngest Dr. Appt, I saw the most stunning sunset that I have seen in a long time. I had just crested a hill and there before me from left to right was an expanse of beauty. An orange/rose colored slit of the sun was ducking beneath the distant hill with an immense sky above filled with raining storm clouds. Have you ever seen the rain in the distance? It looks like sheets drifting to the ground. It was gorgeous, I've marked down exactly where I was and what time. I ached to have been there painting or atleast to have had my camera. It's moments like that, that you hope you're not the only person seeing it.
I know that moment won't come again, but others certainly will from that view.
Plein air - Landscape painting - art
Labels: sold, spring plein air paintings








<< Home