Fresh Art' 2nd Annual Juried Show

Fresh Art March 17 - May 6, 2006
2nd Annual Summit Artspace Juried Show
Fresh ideas from emerging and established artists, all media.
Work produced in 2005/2006 and not previously exhibited.
$1,750 in prizes sponsored by Malone Advertising.
Guest Judges: Don Harvey and Dan Tranberg
I submitted my piece Shadows of Winter on Saturday, Phone calls will be made either Thursday or Friday of this week, notifying me and the other entrants of acceptance or rejection. I wish my caller id worked LOL, needless to say I won't be online very much over the next two days. I do find it unusual, most times an artist will only receive a letter. This is more personal.
The work I saw there was of quite a variety. Artists from the surrounding 3 counties were eligible to enter, being that the work was created in 05' or 06', other than that there were no strict requirements. The judges are familiar with Northeast Ohio and it is going to be interesting to see which pieces they choose to accept and display.
The pieces I saw submitted included all levels of skill and talent. Of all the pieces I saw, there were a handful that stand out in my memory. One was a near life size ceramic sculpture of a women dressed in a bunny suit holding a box that had seasonal allergy pills for sale in it, there was a unique floor display of vase like structures with carefully posed tulips. I remember a huge painting of a portrait perhaps, just head and shoulders with carefully rendered features in black and white. There was also an installation piece you couldn't help but remember, there had too be over a thousand, white, origami boxes surrounding a cast forearm and fist reaching up from within them. There was a touch of everything submitted.
So stay tuned and wish me luck, I'll be sure to post the outcome and how the show goes regardless.
All the Best!








<< Home