My blog has moved! and I love it!! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please visit http:/www.findthebeautiful.com and update your bookmarks.

Home - Originals For Sale - Artful Gifts - The Artist - Contact/Subscribe

Saturday

Heavy Sigh''''

It is an odd thing when memories pushed away are stirred into flame.

I grew up on the shores of Lake Ontario. Everyday of my life I was surrounded by, abandoned, and immersed myself into the natural beauty around me. I would wake with the summer sunrise on my dock and say good night to the sun off the pier of Sodus Point. I have memories burned into my mind of how crystal clear the night skies were, watching the meteor showers laying on my back in the dew damped summer grass with more stars than could be counted amidst the velvety dark sky. I remember walking the shores endlessly, thinking and breathing in the peaceful rhythm of the water. Gathering small treasures of Lake smoothed sand glass, many green, brown and opaque but every so often I would find the coveted antique blue glass shard that had been tumbled endlessly to a smoothened gem that came to rest on the shore.

When I moved to Ohio I never dreamed it would be where I would find the love of my life, have children with and make a home. and be away from the water. I have only been back to my roots a few times in ten years or so. Things change, since then my parents recently sold the home I grew up in on the shores of Sodus Bay to move more inland. I have promised myself that regardless of what happens to that A-frame home, the view will still be there. I will go back... someday I'm sure. I'll return full swing with more canvasses than I count and more paint than can be painted with.

I have been forced to find the beauty around my home now so many miles from Great Lake Water. Even Lake Erie is out of reach and not the same anyway. The depth of Lake Ontario is stunning, along with the Beautiful Chimney Bluffs , But Now I am amongst the trees, which I love, but do wonder if that water were my backyard again what would my work be like?. What would I be like. Water is an important part of my soul, my fish tank testifies to my needs, the very well being of me use to rest on my countless backpack lone ventures into the woods and along the shores with my journal, sketchbook, pastels and hairspray to fix the drawings at a young naive age. It took sometime for me to be able to adapt truly like a fish out of water in the city of Columbus, Oh which was tolerable until I finished my degree , thinking I was returning. God certainly had other plans for me.

so what stirred these memories that I intentionally push aside?
many thanks to Tim Kline's Gorgeous artwork and blog, his piece featured here brought it all back with a flood.

Ahh cest la vie, a plein air artist has to make do but only for now!