A good palette knife is like a well worn baseball glove or a favorite hat that fits just right, or even like a pair of broken in molded Birkenstock sandals. It's also like a weapon in the war of expression and technique.
This is one of my most loved tools. I have three must have knives when I'm painting and others that are on standby, for when my works get larger or just in case there's a certain stroke needed.

I know it's abilities and I look to it's story.
When I'm painting it becomes an extension of my hand and self. Painting plein air is the most freeing thing I do. In a meditative, healing state.. I am at peace and all the things that try to interrupt and cause me stress are gone. With it's little flecks of past works, layers of history cover it with joyous memories.
It tells of many pieces created and many more to come.
<< Home