My blog has moved! and I love it!! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please visit http:/www.findthebeautiful.com and update your bookmarks.

Home - Originals For Sale - Artful Gifts - The Artist - Contact/Subscribe

Sunday

7 of 7 Plein Fire

"I love this piece especially!


It was a challenge to paint at night with a small outside light on behind me.
Sometimes I had to double check the color I was about to use when it's dark, purple looks alot like brown and vice versa. I can remember quickly drawing, chasing the dancing flames and hurrying to stoke the fire to keep it burning bright. Back and forth I would go sometimes it had burned down very far before I had to force myself to step away my drawing to put more wood on . For hours only me and the crickets as my family quietly slept. I wasn't sure how it would turn out or if I could succeed at chasing flames. But I am happy with the end and do think I was able to capture the essence of the night, and would love to do it all again, it was a gorgeous summer night. "

Plein Fire

8" x 10"
pastel on paper, plein air alla prima painting.
Sold
Rebecca Grantham

Labels: ,