Inspiration comes from
Sometimes a word becomes a title and inspires a painting, sometimes it's just a moment made of color or of sunlight that I can't wait to capture, and other times it's a mood I'm in or an emotion I'm feeling that I seek the right setting for.
Yesterday we had a wonderful break from the battering of North East Ohio's weather. Although January was up and down, February has been bitter. I couldn't let my chores excuse not painting anymore nor my fatigue.
I would have carried guilty of time lost if I turned away despite things, and the snow would have melted away until who knows when. It was the snow I was after, and they are calling for thunderstorms followed by snow again later on. But I couldn't wait until new snow fell.
I have begun Winter Shadows, tentatively titled. It is a 16" x 20" oil painting that won't be alla prima, so will be completed over how ever many needed sessions.








<< Home