My blog has moved! and I love it!! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please visit http:/www.findthebeautiful.com and update your bookmarks.

Home - Originals For Sale - Artful Gifts - The Artist - Contact/Subscribe

Sunday

Shadows of Winter

Sometimes you finish a piece and sometimes it finishes itself and as an artist you have to realize when.

I got two days into my new work and Northeast Ohio weather decided to change again. All of the snow melted by the third day, I had hoped to get back into this piece but the more I looked at, the more I realized it is done. This reliance on a single canvas and single goal got me thinking about Monet and how he would have different canvasses ready for different times of the day. I also realized when I looked among my completed works how few in number they are. I paint nearly every day in my mind and am filled with an excited confidence of the hundreds more that are just waiting to spill out of me. Being an artist is a wonderful journey in growth, exploration and adventure.

Later this week I'm heading out for more blanks, not only to have many going at a time but for larger works also. My life is a complex juggling act with the many hats I have to wear. Wife, Mother to 5, Artist and evening employee, not to mention the many other responsibilities I have. Life gets exhausting, I will be posting a completed shot soon. Onto this week I am gearing up to submit this piece and Beyond Grey to a local Juried Show at weeks end.

Labels: ,