Just some rainy day notes...
I have Huge stacks of notes and to do lists on scraps of paper, envelopes, old school papers from the kids, loose leaf, spiral bound, hard cover journals, notebooks, printer paper - is my favorite and whatever is immediately at hand.
Why?
When the ideas come, if I don't write them down, they drive me crazy.
They keep bouncing around in my head, over and over until I release them on paper.
As soon as my pen hits the paper I am better.
Typing is ok, but not as healing or real for me as actually writing.
When I'm writing I can doodle and I can see myself through my handwriting.
and as soon as I write these things down, it's as if my ideas step out of mind and are even closer to actually being real!
So with that said, if you live in the Northeast of the US, you know the weather we have had, for days now in Ohio we have had unending rain. Normally the rain really eats at me and the gray especially, no highlights, no shadows, no warmth in the leaves, no clouds, no sunsets and NO blue sky. Not this time,
I am good and taking advantage of the constant rain we've had for the past week, that looks like will continue through towards the coming weekend!.
I had a long, note I said HAD, a long list of some needed filing, and the creation of new paperwork that I had to write and organize.
Alas no new paintings but I have finished many loose ends!!! That are now or shortly will be huge weights off my shoulders by the weeks end. I always seem to think I can get so much more done and quicker than I really can. And I tend to make more projects for myself than I should.
For example I get horribly dragged down by wanting to do something special for some people that I care about, they have no clue, but I beat myself up and can't move forward until they are done.
So to use this time wisely feels Great! Finally!
and now when the sun comes or not, I will be even more ready to paint and focus like a One eyed Jack. No More Jack of all trades for me!
- landscape artist - art
-> My website








<< Home