Finding Landscape painting on canvas

Finding
12" x 12" oil on canvas
It's not often that I choose to let a painting go and prime over it to create a new one.
But what's under this painting was an attempt to create something, from a place I am not at any more but have the fondest memories of.
What I'm trying to say is I looked back and thought I could produce something like I had many years ago, it wasn't a success., We can't go backward only forward in new ways. I do like the texture from the previous painting coming through it fits very well and appears intentional, something I might try in the future.
What was amazing was how this sky changed as I was painting. The sunset slowly but dramatically shifting from these pastels to brilliant yellows, dark glowing purple and hot hot pinks. Although I didn't bring these changes into this painting, I chose to let them play out in front of me as I painted the soft distance it was wonderful to experience.
I am looking forward to the opening tomorrow and seeing the works of everyone involved up on the walls.
It doesn't bother me the change from a solo to a group show, it is going to be interesting to see three different interpretations of nature. One through paint, one photography and another through fiber.
I will try to get some pictures up Sunday.
and it's certainly a great way to end and begin a New Year.
I have some exciting ideas that I hope will begin to come to fruit this year.
I do love the idea of celebrating a new year, it's fresh, hopeful air waiting to be filled with new steps built upon the ones from the last year.
All the best,
~Rebecca
Rebecca Grantham.Com,
Modern Art Gifts Plein Air Cafe
Labels: for sale, winter plein air paintings








<< Home