My blog has moved! and I love it!! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please visit http:/www.findthebeautiful.com and update your bookmarks.

Home - Originals For Sale - Artful Gifts - The Artist - Contact/Subscribe

Tuesday

Art Walk Follow up

The weekend at the artwalk was much fun with a steady flow of people between the rain that would splash through quickly.
I learned more about selling and met such a variety of people. Many of who where breezing through and difficult for me to engage since the studio was the first or last stop on the route.
Most memorable comment:
I was talking with a small group of people and the gentleman had said that they would like to collect originals but can't because and looked at me and said they Had NO Walls.
Where is a landscape painter to go from there. I almost burst out laughing.
He said they had nothing but a stone fireplace and glass windows.
Had I had my finished jewelry box I would have directed him to it.
But we had a good laugh and I mentioned how eventually I want to create my landscapes in stainedglass, another love of mine and one that my winter work would certainly translate well into.
above that though I had three other highlights.
Here is a picture of one.

It's funny how I didn't notice the wires until after I took this.
I haven't seen a rainbow in more years than I can remember and when I saw how the sky was turning after the rain quickly left with the sun coming out at my back, my hopes were high.
Sure enough there it is was right infront of the studio.
It arched over the bell tower and could be seen softly on the right as well.
My girls were with me and loved seeing it. When I got home and my boys came back from a friends house I found out they saw a huge one too.

The other wonderful highlight is this:
Drum roll....



My brother in law Dan traded me this wonderful wood sculpture of his Chopsticks for my piece Highkey Sunset that I framed.

It's entirely carved out of 3 kinds of wood down to the large grain of rice.

Isn't it wonderful?!!!

He loved my piece. It is funny how when a work connects it connects. I barely could accept his work for mine, I tried to sneak out leaving mine as a surprise and a thank you but he caught me and snuck his in my trunk as I was packing up Sunday.

I ended up covering my costs for the show with some small originals and note card sets.

I met a lot of wonderful people.

It was a good to get my feet wet with this kind of venue.

and I'll leave you with this other picture I took on the way home!

It's from a Beautiful Garden center.

Can you guess what I want to paint next?

- - -

Labels: