My blog has moved! and I love it!! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please visit http:/www.findthebeautiful.com and update your bookmarks.

Home - Originals For Sale - Artful Gifts - The Artist - Contact/Subscribe

Thursday

Artist Naturalist Thoughts and Questions

I recently for the fun of it made up an image of words that somehow begin to describe me and my art.
here it is.


I am a seasonal person, I need nature's seasons, although nature doesn't need me.
and as an artist I go through changes inward and outward like the moon.

I have been experiencing changes in myself lately much like the spring coming out of winter.

I came across this definition that I wanted to share.

An Artist/Naturalist is a person whose intelligence and sense of self is embedded in Nature, and who expresses that deep connection through making art.

yup that's kind of me.

and this from my treasured book from Emerson and Thoreau,

All men are in some degree impressed by the face of the world; some men even to delight. This love of beauty is Taste. Others have the same love in such excess, that, not content with admiring, they seek to embody it in new forms. The creation of beauty is art. Emerson.

I am not Emerson or Thoreau,
but when I am within nature painting the beauty I'm experiencing,
I am at peace and alive. I am a part of something greater.

so maybe my struggle is with how I decide to go forward and express all this through my art
in a strong voice of my own.


"While we're green we're growing"

Have a wonderful day!
Rebecca

Rebecca Grantham.Com,

Fun Modern Nature Art Gifts Plein Air Cafe