My blog has moved! and I love it!! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please visit http:/www.findthebeautiful.com and update your bookmarks.

Home - Originals For Sale - Artful Gifts - The Artist - Contact/Subscribe

Wednesday

Daisies and Magnesia Core

First I want to thank Maria and Toni Carosi from Magnesia Core for contacting me and sending me some samples of their product to paint on.

Maria first contacted me online about their product and Toni quickly shipped out a handful of 12" x 12" panels.



This is a 5" x 7" painting in oil plein air of Daisies on Magnesiacore.

Here is my first painting on this kind of panel.
Previously I have used masonite wood panels for works.

These handle very nicely and have a ceramic feel to them that is light, sturdy and pleasing.

Cutting them down was very easy, I had only to measure, score and snap.
I did prime my panels with gesso and it absorbed the medium well.

I have waiting in the wings some small pendant size pieces to paint on.

and will be reviewing the panels more as I paint some different subjects and color ideas.

You can read more about their product here.
http://www.magnesiacore.com/art

and as their website states:

Magnesiacore is a flexible ceramic sponge that is dense but airy with fine microscopic pores that support all media, paints, oils, stains, watercolours and adhesives with 26% absorption and a feel suggestive of soap stone.

Thank you again sincerely, Maria and Toni for the opportunity to try out this new support.

Rebecca Grantham.Com,

Modern Art Gifts Plein Air Cafe

Labels: ,